COVID-19 Protocols for Return to In-Person Instruction 2022-2023 School Year
Krum ISD will operate with in-person learning for all students accompanied with the following COVID-19 specific health and safety procedures.
All students will be expected to meet Krum ISD’s attendance policy expectations as outlined in policy FEA (LEGAL), FEB (LEGAL), and FEC (LEGAL). All students are required to meet the 90% compulsory attendance rule for all classes.
All guidance in this document is subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves and new guidance is issued by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- High-rigor, teacher-led, in-person instruction at the school that requires daily connection between teachers and students with health and safety precautions in place.
- Teachers will monitor student progress daily.
- Students will be expected to follow all Krum ISD safety procedures put in place for the safety of both students and staff.
- Krum ISD cannot guarantee that social distancing will be maintained between students and/or staff for the duration of the day.
On-campus in-person learning will occur with the health and safety guidelines outlined in this document.
Krum ISD cannot be held liable should a staff member, student, or visitor become sick with COVID-19.
Krum ISD cannot guarantee that social distancing will be maintained between students and/or staff for the duration of the day.
- Krum ISD will have hand sanitizer/handwashing opportunities readily available for everyone on campus.
- Everyone on campus is encouraged to sanitize/wash hands frequently.
- Signage will be posted at all campuses encouraging students to wash their hands frequently for 20 seconds.
- Elementary students will engage in supervised handwashing for 20 seconds at least twice a day.
- All students will be encouraged to wash hands after using the restroom and before eating.
- Students will be educated on proper handwashing techniques.
- Additional times will be added to transitions for handwashing.
Parents must ensure they do not send a child to campus if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or are test-confirmed to have COVID-19.
Students with fever will not be allowed to reenter the campus until they have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
Employees are required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming onto campus each day. Self-screening should include employees taking their own temperature.
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache
- Nausea or vomiting
Students and staff may choose to wear, or not wear, masks or face coverings.
- An electrostatic sanitation sprayer that uses a heavy-duty, quaternary cleaner, disinfectant, and sanitizer that remains on surfaces for 7-10 days will be sprayed on every surface in the facility weekly.
- This includes but is not limited to classrooms, restrooms, playground equipment, locker rooms, event spaces, band and choir halls, gyms, athletic facilities, and the Performing Arts Centers.
- Parents/guardians are recommended to provide transportation for their child to and from school.
- An electrostatic sanitation sprayer that uses a heavy-duty, quaternary cleaner, disinfectant, and sanitizer that remains on surfaces for 7-10 days will be sprayed on surfaces of each bus once daily.
- Parents/guardians of any student who will need to begin riding the bus must provide one-week advance notice to the Department of Transportation.
- Parents must ensure they do not send a child to campus if the student is test-confirmed to have COVID-19.
- If an individual is test confirmed to have COVID-19, Krum ISD will notify parents via ParentSquare or email of their student’s possible exposure.
- Krum ISD and its staff will not conduct contact tracing in relation to confirmed COVID-19 cases.
We appreciate your understanding as we do our best to ensure the safety of our students and our staff.