The Krum ISD Food Services Department is excited to serve your children. Please refer to the information below to learn more about our program. To address any questions or concerns you may have, please contact KISD Food Services Director Connie Sink at (940) 482-2516 or at email@example.com.
Meal prices are as follows:
Breakfast (Pre-K-12th Grade) $1.75
Lunch (Pre-K-5th Grade) $2.50
(5th Grade-12th Grade) $2.75
Charge Policy - Students may charge two breakfasts and two lunches. After this time, students will be provided a substitute meal of a sandwich and one carton of milk for two additional days if the charges are not paid. After the charge limit has been reached and two days of alternative meals have been served, the child will be sent to the principal’s office to call a parent to pay the balance of their account. After charges are paid in full, students will once again be served regular meals.
- Students may not charge a la carte items at any campus at any time (i.e. ice cream, milk, second meals and any other a la carte items). All charging privileges will stop a month before the end of school.
- Employee Charge Policy - Employees may charge from payday to payday. If an employee does not pay the day after payday, they may not charge again until the full balance is paid. All charges will stop a month before the end of school. This includes employees and students.
- Menus - Menus are available online or can be picked up at each campus. Krum ISD menus follow the guidelines set forth by the USDA and TDA and are subject to change without notice.
Payments - It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to make sure their student has money on their account. Account balances and purchases may be viewed at www.mymealtime.com. Payment may be made online anytime or at each campus cafeteria. Debit and credit card payments may only be used online. Families with more than one child at one campus may be put on a household account at parent’s request. In addition, parents may set a daily spending limit for accounts.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Applications - Applications to receive free and reduced lunch and breakfast prices are available online or in the cafeteria. Applications must be completed in full before benefits can be received. Incomplete applications will be denied. Parents are responsible for all charges before any application is approved. Applications may be turned in at any time throughout the year.
- Food Allergies - Students with food allergies must provide a doctor’s note specifying what food the student can and cannot eat. A parent note will not be sufficient.
- Snacks – KMS and KHS cafeterias offer snacks such as ice cream and crackers throughout the week for the students to purchase. Snacks may be purchased with money from student accounts or with cash. Students may not charge snacks. Parents who do not want their children to purchase snacks may make arrangements with their child’s cafeteria manager.
- Field Trips - A sack lunch for field trips will be available for students at their normal lunch price upon request to the cafeteria manager or through the student’s teacher. One day notice is required.
"In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."