Recognition Guidelines for Board Meetings
Krum ISD Achievement Recognition Guidelines for Board Meetings
Krum ISD is committed to recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of our students and staff. Many are deserving of and earn recognition for their efforts, making it virtually impossible to honor all awards at school board meetings. The District has developed guidelines for the qualifications for Board Recognitions.
- Students who demonstrate academic, artistic, leadership, service, or extracurricular excellence are eligible for recognition at board meetings if they meet the following qualifications:
- First, second, or third-place regional, state, national, and/or international awards
- Qualifiers for state/national school-sanctioned competitions
- Perfect score on state or national assessments
- District-level contest winners
- The campus teacher, coach, sponsor, principal, or a district-level coordinator must initiate the request for student recognition by emailing Public Information Officer Sydney Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests should be submitted within ten (10) days of the student earning the recognition.
- Within ten (10) days of receiving the request, the Krum ISD PIO will notify the initiator of the date of the Board meeting at which the recognition will occur. School Board meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of each month.
- There will be no scholar recognition during the summer break months.
- An invitation letter will be sent directly to the student being recognized and their parent/guardian, with a courtesy copy to the initiator of the request. The letter will contain RSVP directions for the students and/or parents regarding attendance plans. Notification of attendance is encouraged to know if those being recognized will be present.
- Students recognized will receive a certificate courtesy of the Krum ISD Communications Department.